Out-of-Network Insurance Help Document
Journeys Counseling Center is a fee-for-service practice where payment is due in full at the time of your session.
The therapists at Journeys Counseling Center do not accept AHCCCS, Medicare, or Medicaid and they are not contracted with any insurance providers. However, our therapists are considered “out-of-network providers” so, if you have out-of-network benefits, you may receive some reimbursement for our services if you submit claims directly with your insurance company.
The amount that insurance companies reimburse for “out-of-network” services varies by plan. We recommend calling your insurance company before your first appointment and discussing your benefits.
Here are some helpful tips to note when speaking with the insurance representative:
- Not all services provided in our office will be covered and each type of service will be reimbursed at a different rate. It is helpful to know what type of service you plan on receiving in our office.
Below is a list of the most common services provided at Journeys Counseling Center and their corresponding service codes.
Type of Service // Service (or CPT) Code
Initial Evaluation/Psychotherapy // 90791
Individual Psychotherapy // 90834
Family or Couples Psychotherapy // 90847
Group Psychotherapy // 90853
- Insurance companies have a set allowable amount for each service type and reimburse a percentage of that amount. The allowable amount may differ from the therapist’s fee.
- With many out-of-network benefits, a deductible has to be met before any reimbursement is acquired. It’s important to know what your deductible is so you can budget accordingly.
- In most cases, it is possible to submit for reimbursement by mail using the mailing address on the back of your insurance card. Additionally, it may also be possible to submit electronically - check with your insurance provider about their preferred process.
At your request, we will mail, email, or fax your statements-of-service to you. It is your responsibility to submit these claims in a timely manner as most companies have a 30-180 day filing policy. We recommend that you regularly monitor your Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) to ensure prompt and accurate processing of any claims you submit.
* Please note that Journeys Counseling Center is not responsible for reimbursement that is denied for any reason.
We understand that working with insurance providers can be difficult and we are happy to answer any questions you may have about the process. Please contact our administrative staff at 480-656-0500 ext 3 or at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.